Here is Mike’s fantastic creation. It is definitely my favorite way to eat raw broccoli!
- ¼ cup raw, unsalted cashews (can be found at SuperStore in the bulk section)
- 1 Tbsp raw apple cider vinegar (I use Bragg’s organic)
- 2 Tbsp water
- 1 tsp raw agave nectar
- 2 tsp red curry paste (can be found in the Ethnic aisle at SuperStore)
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 cup chopped brocolli
- 1 large carrot
- 2 T or more Sunflower Seeds or other seeds for some crunch
- Fine Yam ‘noodles’ work great as a garnish.
Blend all the ingredients until smooth. If you like the curry flavor, but not the heat, try substituting a yellow curry for a portion instead of red curry paste.
This is a fairly small recipe–double or triple it if you are feeding a group.
This salad works as a main dish if you serve it with some flatbread crackers.
Many of the salad recipes online aren’t salads in my opinion – they’re piles of vegetables with a dressing. Cut your vegetables into small pieces so that it’s easy to get a variety of them in each bite. Otherwise, it’s a bite of broccoli with a bit of sauce, and then a bite of carrots with a little sauce etc.